Because I Feel Like Smiling

So I'm guessing this is starting to look like something of a trend.
Yesterday was less than glorious, so I'm posting something that makes me feel right with the world: Universal update!

Above and below you will note the progress that's been made thus far on the Rip Ride Rockit coaster. I mean wow. This is going to be a fierce little number. It's interesting to watch the progress at Project Rumble begins to redefine the skyline of Universal--especially since I have a nifty link to a webcam - the picture above was taken from said camera.
These aren't even the highest lifts. It's going to be fierce. I suppose you could find some fault with the physical planning of the coaster; it certainly doesn't fit the Disney qualifications for an immersive theming experience. No one's going to think they're in San Francisco or Amity when they can see a hulking metal structure in the background. But that's not what Universal's about. It's about capitalizing on the thrill experience, and if that means radically changing the scenery--so be it.
That's it for now. Just a ray of sunshine in a day full of law school applications. Phew.

Pretty soon I'll have a review of a book I'm reading for leisure: Disneywar. It's an eye-opening account of Eisner's ascension to the throne and devastating fall from grace. Really interesting.

And on a non-theme park note. Go see Notorious.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Going Hind - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template